these. are. so. good.
if i were still in elementary school, i'd want THESE in my princess lunch box.
make them right now.
mum and i used this recipe:
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 ounce red food coloring
1 ounce water
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of really good (not that mccormick shit, trust me) vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 egg whites
3 teaspoons vanilla
6 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons milk
2 1/4 cups butter flavored shortening
5 cups powdered sugar
a pinch of salt
(or as friend craig calls them, "clues")
1. combine cocoa, food coloring and water.
2. set aside to dissolve.
3. blend together oil, sugar & eggs.
4. add food coloring mixture.
5. combine buttermilk, salt & vanilla.
6. add to mixture.
7. add flour.
8. dissolve soda in vinegar.
9. fold into batter.
10. drop with an ice cream scoop onto parchment on cookie sheets.
11. bake about 10 minutes at 350.
12. fill with whoopie pie filling.
1. beat egg whites until stiff.
2. add vanilla, flour & milk and beat well.
3. add shortening, sugar & salt
4. whip on high speed for 3-5 minutes
5. poke your finger in and taste...
whoopie pies are the cupcakes of the new decade.